You are here: Home What You Can Do Now Temporary Drop-Off Locations

Temporary Drop-Off Locations

Find out where you can take back unwanted medicines in Washington State. Current drop-off sites are a temporary solution. We need a permanent statewide program!

Eman drop off at Bartells banner 

How can I dispose of my unwanted and expired medicines?

Ongoing Temporary Take-Back Programs
For the safety of our kids, families and environment, some law enforcement offices and pharmacies are collecting unwanted medicines from residents until a permanent statewide program is in place.  Local governments, businesses, individuals and citizen groups are working to create a statewide program paid for by drug companies. Check here to find a temporary take-back location near you. 

What to do when you return your medicines

  • Check the What Can You Take Back list to see which items are accepted.
  • Leave medicines in their original containers and, if you wish, mark out any personal information.
  • Most law enforcement offices listed here can accept all medicines, including controlled substances. 
  • For now, pharmacies cannot accept controlled substances. If you need to dispose of a controlled substance, take it to a participating law enforcement location.
  • Additional options - If you cannot find a convenient location in your county, check here for what you can do.

Find Location By

Filter location results by county.
- Or -
Filter location results by city.
- Or -
Filter location results by zip code.

Locations Found:

Yelm Police Department

206 Mckenzie Ave. SE, Yelm WA 98597 - Thurston County Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; closed holidays. Accepts controlled substances

Rainier City Hall

102 Rochester St W, Rainier WA 98576-9900 - Thurston County Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm Accepts controlled substances

Lacey Police Department

420 College St SE, Lacey WA 98503 - Thurston County Open 24 hours, 7 days a week Accepts controlled substances

Thurston County Sheriff's

2000 Lakeridege Drive SW, Building 3, Olympia WA 98502 - Thurston County 7 days a week/24 hours a day Accepts controlled substances

Ferndale Haggen Pharmacy

1815 Main St, Ferndale WA 98248 - Whatcom County Monday-Friday 9am-9pm; Saturday 9am-7pm;Sunday 9am-6pm No controlled substances

Ferndale Police Department

2220 Main St, Ferndale WA 98248 - Whatcom County Monday-Friday 9am-4pm Accepts only narcotic painkillers and prescribed controlled substances. Accepts controlled substances

Bellingham Police Department

505 Grand Avenue, Bellingham WA 98225 - Whatcom County Monday-Friday 9am-12pm; 1pm-4pm Controlled substances only. Accepts controlled substances

Fairhaven Market

1401 12th St., Bellingham, WA 98225 - Whatcom County Monday-Friday 9am-8pm; Saturday 9am-7pm; Sunday 10am-4pm No controlled substances

Haggen Pharmacy - Barkley Village

2900 Woburn St., Bellingham WA 98226 - Whatcom County Monday-Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-7pm; Sunday 9am-7pm No controlled substances

Haggen Pharmacy - Meridian

2814 Meridian, Bellingham WA 98225 - Whatcom County Monday-Friday 8am-9pm; Saturday 9am-7pm; Sunday 9am-7pm No controlled substances
© 2010