Take-Back Programs Disposing of Pills Without Their Container
There are now several Bartell Drugs take-back locations and some law enforcement offices where you can take your pills out of their container and pour them directly into the steel disposal container.
Here’s how you do it
- Bring your unwanted medicines in their original container to one of the locations listed below.
- Have the pharmacist check the medicines to make sure they are medicines that are accepted at the take back (pharmacies currently can’t take back controlled substances).
- Pour the pills into the steel collection container.
- Take your empty pill bottles home and recycle or reuse them, or throw them in the trash. Consult your local recycling program for what types of pill containers are recyclable.
Bartell Drugs - King County
- Upper Queen Anne, 1929 Queen Anne Ave. N., Seattle 98109 - 206-285-0200
- White Center, 9600 15th Ave. SW, Seattle 98106 - 206-763-2727
- Factoria, 3620 Factoria Blvd. SE, Bellevue 98007 - 425-644-7507
Bartell Drugs - Snohomish County
- Bothell-Canyon Park, 22833 Bothell-Everett Highway, Bothell 98021 - 425-485-3525
- Everett, Silver Lake, 11020 19th Ave, Everett 98208 - 425-379-5390
- Everett, Broadway, 1825 Broadway, Everett 98201 - 425-303-2583
- Everett, Seattle Hill Road, 5006 132nd St. SE Bldg A, Everett 98208 - 425-357-6129
- Marysville, 6602 64th St NE, Marysville 98270 - 360-658-6218
- Snohomish, 1115 13th St, Snohomish 98290 360-568-4153
- Stanwood, 7205 267th St NW, Stanwood 98292 - 360-939-2188
Some law enforcement offices
Call your local law enforcement office to see if they can take your pills without their container. To see if there is a law enforcement take-back location near you, go to takebackyourmeds.org/what-you-can-do/locations.